Posted: 17 Sep 2011 07:00 AM PDT
Each week, I highlight ten things each week that inspired me to greater financial, personal, and professional success. Hopefully, they will inspire you as well.
I actually made a customized install program to keep on a thumb drive for future use using Ninite. Incredibly useful idea and great execution.
2. Lauren Zalaznick on the conscience of television
It’s a really interesting idea.
3. Gandhi’s seven deadly sins
“Seven Deadly Sins:
4. Martin Lindstrom on how Whole Foods (and other grocers) prime you to shop
The use of Whole Foods specifically here is a great choice, revealing how they’re not really very different from any other grocery chain.
5. Alfred Montapert on the ramifications of choices
“Nobody ever did, or ever will, escape the consequences of his choices.” – Alfred A. Montapert
Our success relies on making a lot of tough choices that lead us down a path to something greater.
6. Steven Johnson on the source of good ideas
With my closest friends, I usually try to talk about the things that challenge me the most – issues of politics and religion and parenting. We push each other to a better understanding of all of it.
7. Orchard in Bloom, Louveeciennes (1872) by Camille Pissarro
Great paintings make me yearn to be in that place, even if that place is ordinary. This certainly fulfills that criteria.
Thanks to cliff1066 for the image.
8. Anne Herbert on libraries and money
“Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.” – Anne Herbert
I wouldn’t want to imagine a world with no libraries.
9. I Loved My Friend by Langston Hughes
“I loved my friend
10. Peanuts dancing to Linus and Lucy
It’s from the 1962 special A Charlie Brown Christmas, which I’ve seen more times than I can count.
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Simple Dollar |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|